You may be interested in the tax benefits of incorporating your small business in California, but perhaps the task seems too daunting. Here is a quick checklist to help you get the protection of forming your new business as a corporate entity.
- Come up with a name – Use the California Secretary of State website to make sure the name you want is available.
- Select the corporation type that will work best for your business – Whether you choose to form an S corporation, a C corporation, or an LLC will depend on your specific wants and needs as a small business owner.
- File the proper articles of incorporation – This is the part that worries most people. A business attorney can make sure you submit the right documents, fill them out properly, and submit them in the correct format.
- Pay the fees – The current fee for filing articles of incorporation in the state of California is $100.
- Get the necessary seller’s permit and business license – No matter what your business does, there are going to be permits and licenses. If you have previously run a business in another state where you didn’t have to get any of these documents, a California business attorney can help you see what is required locally.
Business Formation Assistance in San Diego and the Surrounding Areas
Pokala Law APC can help you to set up your small business in southern California. Call 1.844.695.1487 today and let us help you with all of your small business legal needs.